Current Michigan ASLA Job Listings
Project Landscape Architect – Northville, MI
Grissim Metz Andriese Associates is seeking an experienced Project Landscape Architect with 3+ years experience and strong skills in design development, construction documents and construction administration. The person should possess proven experience in developing, organizing and facilitating the production of technical drawings and specifications for a wide range of site development projects. Software proficiency must include AutoCAD; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop is a plus.
Grissim Metz Andriese Associates is a progressive Landscape Architectural firm located in historic downtown Northville, MI. For over forty years, we have been servicing a diverse clientele comprised of Fortune 100 companies, major real estate developers, hospitals, educational institutions, municipalities and architects. We were selected as the MiASLA 2014 Firm of the Year. Our firm plays a significant role in project master planning and site design and has a strong commitment to team work and design excellence.
GMA offers an excellent compensation and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Email resume, work examples and cover letter to: email@example.com PDF file format preferred.
Administrative Assistant – Part Time – Northville, MI
Grissim Metz Andriese Associates is a leading landscape architecture firm located in downtown Northville. We have an outstanding opportunity for an individual to join our team as a part-time Administrative Assistant.
* Type correspondence and reports
* Answer multi-line phone system and route calls
* Process incoming/outgoing mail
* Organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
* Conduct research on various items using the Internet and other resources
* Order and maintain office supplies
* Run occasional office errands
* Perform other duties and special projects, as directed
Minimum Required Skills / Competencies:
* Minimum 3-5 years related work experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in an architecture/engineering environment
* Ability to efficiently plan, organize and implement work priorities
* Excellent listening, organizational and communication skills
* Enjoys administrative work and is comfortable supporting multiple team members
* Able to successfully perform in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Self-motivator who can work with minimal instructions/supervision at times
* Takes initiative to keep projects and tasks moving
* Computer proficiency with common office software, including Microsoft Word and Excel
* Experience with Deltek Vision and Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Bridge and InDesign is a plus
* Accounting experience is a plus
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted March 30, 2017
Entry-level Landscape Architect – Ann Arbor
InSite Design Studio
Established in 1994, InSite Design Studio, Inc. is a landscape architecture firm that serves public, recreational, commercial, institutional and residential clients. InSite Design actively pursues ecologically sensitive, innovative landscape architectural design through ongoing consideration of hydrologic, topographic and vegetative systems. Environmental sensitivity is at the core of our design process; from the early stages of inventory and analysis through construction and ongoing management. Our firm strives to restore ecological function to every project site, regardless of size or scope, while maintaining high aesthetic standards. We are looking for a hardworking and talented designer that shares our ecological values and passion for landscape architecture.
Experience required: 0-5 years
Education required: Bachelor or master’s degree in landscape architecture
Being a small firm, InSite offers a unique opportunity for team members to be involved in a wide variety of projects and responsibilities. We expect candidates to be comfortable with all phases of design – site inventory and analysis, conceptual design and design development, construction documentation, and potentially construction administration. An ideal candidate will have a strong background in Michigan ecology and native plants, and a passion for green infrastructure. Candidates are expected to have strong communication skills and should enjoy learning and collaborating in a team environment. Skillful hand and computer graphic capabilities are highly desired.
Please send resume, portfolio, and cover letter to:
Posted March 15, 2017
Landscape Architect – Ann Arbor, MI
SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2016 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 6th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Ann Arbor office of SmithgroupJJR, named one of Southeast Michigan’s Top 100 Workplaces by the Detroit Free Press for the past 4 years, is looking for a Landscape Architect to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
* Prepare concepts, design development and graphic illustrations.
* Participate in design meetings.
* Work with senior landscape architects to compile data and prepare design solutions.
* Work in collaborative integrated teams of professionals that include civil engineers, architects, building systems engineers, planners and environmental scientists.
* Establish and manage project budgets and schedules.
* Conduct quality control review of others’ projects.
* Direct team members and others in the application of landscape architectural standards and guidelines.
* Anticipate and plan ahead for potential roadblocks on agency approvals.
* Manage contractor and client relations during construction for larger and more complex projects.
* Determine content of design presentations to client representatives and/or design review committees, and present them.
* Conduct design work sessions and visioning, outreach and public forums.
* Consult with product manufacturers, evaluate and select construction materials.
* Assist in editing technical specifications.
* Assist in reviewing shop drawings.
* Visit construction sites to gather information, review design intent, inform and support senior project team members during the construction phase.
* Use in depth knowledge of trees, shrubs, ground covers, perennials, and annuals in preparing planting plans and landscape master plans.
* Participate in marketing efforts through proposal development, interview participation and presentations (including proposal writing and fee negotiation).
* Develop and maintain relationships with current/new clients.
An ideal candidate has:
* Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
* 5 – 10 years of experience
* Landscape Architectural registration preferred.
* Mastery of AutoCAD.
* Working knowledge of 2D and 3D modeling software such as Revit, Rhino and Sketchup.
* LEED AP preferred.
SmithgroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Posted March 15, 2017
Entry Level Landscape Architect – Detroit, MI
Hamilton Anderson Associates
Experience Required: 0-5 yrs
Education Requirements: Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
Position Description: We are seeking a hardworking talented designer to assist in the preparation of site design documentation, master planning and site development plans, planting plans and construction documents. Interested applicants should be highly motivated and self-sufficient, able to work in a team environment and have a passion for design and the urban environment. Applicants should have strong graphic capabilities and an understanding of good urban design principles.
Skills / Requirements: Proficiency with AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite, Proficiency with SketchUp, Lumion or other 3d Graphic modeling software desired, Desire to work towards registration, Proficiency with regional plant material and landscape plans is highly desired.
Contact Information: Shayla Davis
1435 Randolph Street, Suite 200. Detroit Mi, 48226
Posted March 01, 2017
Landscape Architect – Ann Arbor, MI
Beckett & Raeder, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary firm with offices in Ann Arbor, Petoskey and Traverse City, Michigan providing landscape architecture, planning civil engineering and environmental services. Market segments include: park design and planning, urban design, campus design and planning, K-12 site design, community design, governmental and private sector mixed use, commercial and industrial projects all with a focus on sustainability, universal design and transit forward principles. We are a close-knit group of passionate professionals, enthusiastic learners, and are committed to assisting our clients in making great places for future generations. We focus on developing creative design solutions employing state of the art materials, design principles and best management practices. If you are interested in joining an award winning, fun loving group of collaborative professionals we are looking to add two positions to our Ann Arbor team:
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT, 0-3 years experience
Landscape Architect (license not required) committed to being a collaborative member of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals interested in learning through participation with senior team members assisting with public input, site design, landscape design, construction observation and master planning.
Work experience is important (internships included)! Candidates should possess a strong work ethic, passion for the profession, design and technical skills. Candidates should enjoy learning and collaborating within a team often sharing drawings and responsibilities.
Software Experience Required:
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
Adobe Creative Cloud (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, etc.)
Proficiency with AutoCad, Civil 3D preferred.
Software Experience Preferred:
Submit resume and work examples to Brian Barrick, email@example.com.
Beckett & Raeder, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted February 01, 2017
Project Designer – Northville, MI
Grissim Metz Andriese Associates is seeking an experienced Project Designer with 6+ years experience to work on a wide range of site development projects. Candidate must have excellent graphic technical abilities and be capable of leading and supporting design efforts, design development and production of graphic packages. Candidate must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp Pro, AutoCAD and have excellent hand graphics skills.
Candidate must have the ability to work on multiple projects, successfully collaborate with others and understand the importance of meeting deadlines.
Grissim Metz Andriese Associates is a progressive landscape architecture firm located in historic downtown Northville, Michigan. For over 50 years, we have been servicing a diverse clientele comprised of Fortune 100 companies, major real estate developers, hospitals, educational institutions, municipalities and architects. Our firm plays a significant role in project site design and has a strong commitment to team work and design excellence.
GMA offers an excellent compensation and benefit package commensurate with qualifications and experience. Email resume and work samples in .PDF file format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.